Dandelion greens may be bitter when eaten raw, but adding this super green vegetable to the mix will make your smoothie taste like it has alcohol in it. Best of all, dandelion greens are said to be the ultimate detox and cleansing green because it is a great liver cleanser.
Yield: 4 glasses
- 1 cup chopped dandelion greens
- 4 cups fresh ripe pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut meat
- 4 tablespoons dried pitted dates
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Remember to put the liquid first and the greens last. Add ingredients in between.
- Blend on high speed until a creamy and smooth puree is achieved.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
For a nutty taste, add 4 tablespoons raw cashew nuts to the recipe. Just be sure to choose the right cashews (plump, uniform in color, smells nutty and sweet) and always soak them first to remove enzyme inhibitors and make them more digestible.
Subscribe to The Military Diet
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox