This smoothie is 7 parts green vegetables and 3 parts fruit, so this will help you put more greens into your diet than you normally could in one sitting. This well-mixed green smoothie is easy to digest, which will make your body absorb more vitamins and minerals. Plus, this smoothie is amazingly filling, so it will keep you from reaching for that carbohydrate packed snack just to pacify your hunger pangs.
Yield: 2 glasses
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or about 1 head)
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves (about half of a large bunch) 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced apples (about 1⁄2 medium sized whole)
- 1⁄4 cup diced pear (about 1 medium sized wholes)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced banana
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly before handling them.
- Put romaine lettuce, spinach and water together in a blender. Process at low speed until mixture becomes smooth.
- Add celery, apple and pear. Blend mixture at high speed.
- Lastly, add the banana and lemon juice and puree until well blended.
- Pour into glasses and serve fresh.
Add 1⁄2 cup each of parsley and cilantro for an even greener smoothie. Using
stems are okay, but chop them so they do not ruin your blender or smoothie maker.
Subscribe to The Military Diet
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox